Compass Family Resource Center helps parents create brighter futures for their children through parent education classes, support groups and outreach.
- Individual case management focused on the relationship between caregiver and child.
- Workshops, support and parent/child activity groups and information sessions in English and Spanish that support healthy family development
- Child Protective Services-certified parenting classes in English and Spanish
- Health education groups covering topics such as stress reduction, obesity, diabetes, healthy hearts, and smoking cessation
- Parent leadership groups and discussion forums including opportunities for recreation and socializing through monthly parent-led field trips and events
- Clinical child assessments, therapy and play groups
- Developmental screening of children
- Workshops and information sessions targeting areas of interest to parents of young children
- Specialized services and support to families whose children have been exposed to violence, through the Safe Start Delivery Team
- ACCESS SF child care subsidy - ACCESS is a pilot project to help families with at least one child under 3 years living or formerly living in homeless or domestic violence shelters obtain child care. eligibility and additional information>>